Post-J.D. Requirements for a Graduated Licensed Legal Intern
Monthly Activity Reports
Refer to Rule 4.2(b)
You are required to file a final pro-rated Monthly Activity Report of your in-court practice experience with Law Career Services for hours obtained in the month of graduation.
- This report is totaled at the date of commencement and is delinquent if not submitted by the last day of that same month.
- Note: since the University is closed over the winter break, December reports are due by the end of the first week of January.
- Only hours obtained prior to the actual date of hooding will be counted.
- Failure to fulfill your in-court practice requirement or file your reports results in an Unsatisfactory grade for the Licensed Legal Internship Program on your final transcript.
Refer to Rule 1.1
If you are leaving the state after graduation and have NOT registered to take the first available Oklahoma Bar Examination after graduation, the OBA Legal Intern Coordinator will close your intern file at graduation.
Refer to Rule 6.1(f)
If you are staying in Oklahoma and HAVE registered to take the first available Oklahoma Bar Examination after graduation, failure to sit for the exam results in automatic, permanent termination of your license.
- There is no provision in the Supreme Court Rulebook for deferring the bar exam to the next exam cycle.
In-Court Practice Requirement
Refer to Rule 7.2
If you are staying in Oklahoma and HAVE registered to take the first available Oklahoma Bar Examination after graduation, your license will remain active after graduation.
- You are no longer required to report your in-court practice experience hours after graduation; reporting is a function of enrollment in the law school Licensed Legal Internship Program.
Refer to Rule 6.2
If you terminate your employment, delay start of new employment, or take an extended leave of absence to prepare for finals and/or the bar exam, you MUST place your license on inactive status to suspend the in-court practice requirement (remember, the clock is always running) and prevent revocation of your license.
- Click here to contact the OBA Legal Intern Coordinator to advise her of your status and request that your license be placed on inactive status effective [date].
If you wish to reactivate your license while awaiting bar results, click here for instructions.