Post-JD Application Process for a Limited License After Graduation
Oklahoma’s Licensed Legal Intern Program is designed to provide supervised practical training in the practice of law, trial advocacy, and professional ethics to law students and to law graduates who have applied to take the first Oklahoma Bar Examination after graduation.
1) Completion of all requirements for graduation
2) Graduating grade point average in good standing with the law school
3) Good ethical standing with the law school
4) Completion of all requirements to sit for the first available Oklahoma Bar Examination following graduation
5) Approved supervising attorney
6) Submission of applicable forms and fees to the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Online graduate application forms 4 and 6 (PDFs with enterable fields) are located here.
- Graduates are required to attest to a thorough review of the Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma on Legal Internship located here.
7) Letter of certification from the Legal Internship Program Administrator
1) December grads sitting for the February bar: last business day in January
2) May grads sitting for the July bar: last business day in June
Licensed Legal Interns MUST sit for the first available Oklahoma Bar Examination after graduation
- There is no provision in the Supreme Court Rulebook for deferring the Bar Exam to the next exam cycle.
- Failure of a Licensed Legal Intern to take the bar exam shall result in automatic termination of the Limited License.
Graduates MUST be sworn in prior to sitting for the Bar Examination.
- There is no provision in the Supreme Court Rulebook for obtaining a Limited License after taking the Bar Exam.