- This event has passed.
2017 National Summit on Homeland Security Law: Cybersecurity and its Impact on the Banking, Gaming & Energy Industries
April 19 @ 11:45 am - 5:00 pm$75
The 2017 National Summit on Homeland Security Law will bring together experts to discuss challenges that face legislators, policy-makers, and those in the private sector as they confront terrorism and other threats to the homeland. This year’s discussion will focus on cybersecurity in the banking, gaming and energy industries.
11:45am-12:30pm Check-in and Meet & Greet Luncheon
12:30-1:00pm Keynote Address – Cybersecurity: New Perspectives on Emerging Threats
- The Honorable Dan Boren, former U.S. Representative from Oklahoma’s 2nd Congressional District, President of Corporate Development for the Chickasaw Nation
1:15-2:00pm Session 1: Data Breach and Cybersecurity
- Joe Edwards, Crowe & Dunlevy – moderator
- Sandy Coats, Crowe & Dunlevy, former U.S. Attorney
– Zachary Schreiber, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
2:00-2:45pm Session 2: Cybersecurity and Anti Money Laundering in the Financial and Gaming Industries
- Professor Alvin Harrell – Oklahoma City University School of Law – moderator
- Elaine Dodd, Executive Vice President/Fraud Division of the Oklahoma Bankers Association
- Aaron Link, Senior Manager IT Risk Management, Chickasaw Nation Division of Commerce
- Jason Nestelroad, Special Agent, FBI
- David Westman, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, BancFirst
- light refreshments
3:00-3:45pm Session 3: Cybersecurity and Current Trends in Criminal Law
- Sandy Coats, Crowe & Dunlevy, former U.S. Attorney – moderator
- Thomas Snyder, Crowe & Dunlevy, former Asstistant U.S. Attorney
- Gary Davis, Gary Davis Law Group, former Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Brandon Hale, Assistant U.S. Attorney, W.D. Oklahoma
3:45-4:30pm Session 4: The Energy Sector: Protecting Critical Infrastructure
- Jim Roth – former Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner, Phillips Murrah – moderator
- Larry Saxon, OGE Energy Corp., Chief Security Officer
- Brooks Richardson, Assistant General Counsel and Director of Enterprise Risk, Continental Resources
- Matt Harper, Director of Information Security and Infrastructure, Devon Energy
4:30-5:00pm Wrap Up & Audience Questions
* All sessions will take place in McLaughlin Hall
Free for Students, Faculty & Staff of OCU.
$75 for General Registrations.