Complete the Application Process for a Limited License
Have you fulfilled ALL of the following eligibility requirements?
- Actively enrolled law student
- Good academic standing
- Not currently the subject of student conduct disciplinary action
- Requisite credit hours and coursework recorded on your transcript
- Approved law student registration/character & fitness investigation
- Passing score on the Licensed Legal Internship Examination
Have you secured a supervising attorney?
1) You must file your Form 2 with the Oklahoma Bar Association AND with Law Career Services.
- The document may be submitted via email to the OBA Legal Intern Coordinator (original is not required; no additional filing fee is associated with this form).
- Upload your Form 2 in Student Services D2L (Assignment Folder: LLI Application Forms).
What’s the last step?
2) In order to be certified for licensure you must be actively participating in the law school’s Legal Internship Program (including the summer term).
3) Upon receipt of your Form 2, the Legal Internship Program Administrator will issue a letter of certification to the Oklahoma Bar Association that all your eligibility requirements have been satisfied and the law school recommends that you be granted a limited license to practice law in the State of Oklahoma.
Then what happens?
4) The OBA Legal Intern Coordinator will contact you via email regarding your date of licensure.
5) Both offices will keep you apprised of all the pertinent details surrounding the swearing-in ceremony.