Congratulations on completing your journey through law school. We are proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Below are the details you need to know pertaining to graduation weekend.
5:00 p.m., Friday, May 13 at Oklahoma City University School of Law
- This event is held on Friday evening to honor law students for distinguished service and performance during law school.
- Located in the Paul and Jonalee McLaughlin Hall
6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Friday, May 13 at Packard’s New American Kitchen – Rooftop Bar
- This event is immediately following the awards ceremony.
- For more details contact your class officers.
Hooding and Commencement Ceremony
2:00 p.m., Sunday, May 15 at the Civic Center Music Hall
Commencement Day Schedule
12:30 p.m. Graduates must be present in the NORTH lobby no later than 12:30 p.m. Graduates can enter through the NORTH doors.
1:00 p.m. Auditorium seating will open to families and the public on the EAST side.
2:00 p.m. Hooding and Commencement Ceremony Begins! Guests should be seated for the processional as graduation candidates process into the auditorium.
Click here for a map to the Civic Center.
Pre-Commencement Day Details
- If you ordered your cap and gown at Countdown to Commencement, you may pick up your regalia from the campus bookstore during regular hours, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Please not the bookstore will be closed Friday – Sunday.
- Once you have your cap, hood and gown:
- Make sure that the tam is the proper size (you should have a tam, not a mortarboard).
- Make sure the velvet stripes on the sleeves of your gown are PURPLE not black.
- Realize that the hood and gown will need to be ironed or steamed.
- If you have any regalia issues, you should return to the bookstore for assistance.
- You are required to turn in your cap, gown and hood to the bookstore by Thursday, May 19.
Commencement Day Details
- Graduates must bring your hood along with your cap, gown and tassel in order to participate in the ceremony. Prior to the ceremony, you will be instructed about how to carry your hood in the processional. (We will not be storing bags, purses or other items. If you can’t keep it on your person, don’t bring it.)
- Each graduation candidate will have his/her name called as he/she walks across the stage to be hooded. You can sit by anyone and in any order, i.e. not in alphabetical order.
- After you are hooded, turn and face the audience as you shake the dean’s hand because your photo will be taken at that moment by Candid Color Photography. A proof of that photo is mailed to you.
- Marshals and Hooders:
- By tradition, professors serve as the Marshals to lead you into the hall and as the Hooders of the graduates. The professors who serve in these roles were determined by vote of the graduates at Countdown to Commencement.
- We will take a group photo of the graduates outside the Civic Center on the south side, weather permitting. Please proceed directly to the south side of the Civic Center as you recess from the ceremony.
- All photos, except the one taken while you are shaking the dean’s hand, will be accessible for free online for you to view, copy, etc.
- The on-stage handshake photo can be purchased from Candid Color Photography. More details will be included when you are sent your proof.
- After the ceremony and the group photo, please join your family and friends in the lobby of the Civic Center for a brief reception.
- The photographer will also be taking pictures of you with your friends and family during the reception.
- Parking is available along the street and the lots on the north and south side of the building.
- Commencement Speaker:
- This year’s commencement speaker is The Honorable Vicki Miles-LaGrange, United States District Judge for the Western District of Oklahoma.
- Tickets to the graduation ceremony are NOT required and there is NO LIMIT on the number of guests per graduate.
- Commencement Programs:
- Commencement programs will be available to guests as they enter the auditorium.Questions:
- If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact Lindsay Graham at 208-5197 or firstname.lastname@example.org.