Students should obtain an updated transcript after each grading period. By having their transcripts ready and available, they will be poised to respond to job opportunities in quick fashion. For most job applications (including On-Campus Recruiting), unofficial transcripts are accepted by employers and are strongly recommended for Symplicity upload instead of official transcripts (which are much harder to read once scanned into electronic format).
*Please note that the University eSCRIP file is incompatible with Symplicity and will corrupt downloaded job application packets. Law Career Services can assist with scanning transcripts for easy Symplicity upload.
To request either an official or unofficial transcript from the Academic Services Office, students and graduates may choose either option below:
1) Submit a transcript request form (available in the ASO, Suite 315) or online
2) Prepare a written, signed letter of request and fax to (405) 208-5420 or email to Julia Edmoundson in the ASO (scanned into PDF format or photographed and emailed from your phone – must be clearly legible!)
- Email requests from students must be sent from their school email accounts – requests from personal email accounts cannot be accepted.
- The signature will be compared with what’s on file in the ASO for identity verification – unsigned requests cannot be processed.
- Students must pick up their transcripts in person unless they specify in writing that permission is granted to release the document to Law Career Services for Symplicity upload.
- Graduate requests for mailing transcripts must be submitted with a valid signature per the procedure above – a simple email request cannot be processed without proper identity verification.
Requests for Transcript Uploads into Symplicity
Law Career Services is happy to assist students and graduates who need transcripts scanned into electronic format and uploaded into their Symplicity accounts for job application deadlines. Pre-arrangements must be made with:
Carol J. North, Law Career Services Coordinator
*Please note that graduates must have a Symplicity account from which to retrieve their scanned transcripts, unless they select the eSCRIP option on the request form.
- The ASO will furnish a secure link to download the transcript from the University server.
- Unless you need a transcript for a Symplicity job application, this is often the most advantageous solution.
- Alumni who graduated from December 2004 forward had student accounts in Symplicity that were simply converted to alumni status; you do not need to request a new account. For assistance with accessing your existing account, please click here.
- For assistance with setting up a Symplicity alumni account, please click here.