Oklahoma City University and the School of Law have long provided educational programming for students, lawyers, and judges from China.
- Oklahoma City University was the first American university to receive authorization from the Chinese Ministry of Education to offer an American M.B.A. degree program to Chinese students in China.
- Since 2008, the School of Law has hosted 14 visiting scholars from universities in China. These visiting scholars typically are in residence at the law school for a period of one year and publish a book or a series of scholarly articles upon their return to their home university.
- In 2011, nine members of the Oklahoma City University School of Law faculty were invited to present papers at the First International Symposium on Sino-American Comparative Law, held in Nankai University in Tianjin, China.
- In the spring of 2013, the School of Law hosted the Second International Symposium on Sino-American Comparative Law.
Thirty Chinese law professors from eight Chinese universities participated in the second symposium, together with members of our faculty. Scholars came from Renmin University, Nankai University, Zhongan University of Economics and Law, Southwest University of Political Science and Law, Hunan University, Beijing Normal University – Zhuhai, Southwest Minzu University, and Civil Aviation University of China.
Below are our current current course and program offerings:
- Masters of Law in American Law
- Certificate Program in American Law
- International Symposium on Sino-American Comparative Law
For more information regarding on Sino-American Exchanges, please email Dean Emeritus Larry Hellman or call 405-208-5337.