Next week, the Oklahoma City University School of Law will move into its new Midtown building at 800 N. Harvey. The Harvey building was originally Oklahoma High School, the first high school in the territory of Oklahoma, built in 1910. (http://centralhighokc.com/history.html). Later renamed Central High School, the building represented hope for the state’s future and was featured in pictures across the nation to draw people to Oklahoma.
Owned by several companies since 1981, our move will see the building return to its original purpose as a hearth for education. The entire interior of the building has been renovated and adapted for the needs of a law school, with the goal of connecting to the Oklahoma City legal community while preserving the building’s past. The historic proscenium arch has been retained, but painted blue to symbolize the law school’s unity with the past (pictured above). Students will use the J. William Conger Moot Courtroom (pictured below) both for trial practice and to observe real court sessions.
Follow our move on Twitter (@OCULAW) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/oculaw)!