Sign-up sheets are now available in TWEN for the remaining Award Classes being offered this semester:
- Family Law Research on Sunday, March 30 at 1 p.m. or 6 p.m. (4 points with completed exercise)
- Legal Research Basics on Sunday, April 6 at 1 p.m. only (4 points with completed exercise)
- This class (formerly called Legal Information Literacy) is required to earn the Award.
- If you have already taken Legal Information Literacy, you will not receive additional points for taking Legal Research Basics as it covers the same material.
- Summer Associate Training on Tuesday, April 8 at Noon or Sunday, April 13 at 1 p.m. (4 points with completed exercise)
- Note: The reference librarians will be teaching this material in all LRW classes, so 1Ls do not need to register for this session.
- Brown Bag: Title Examination on Wednesday, April 9 at Noon (1 point for attending)
How to register for a class:
- Sign in to Westlaw at http://lawschool.westlaw.com.
- Select the TWEN link on the top of the page
- Select “Add A Course”
- From the list select the course “Award of Accomplishment in Legal Research Skills”
- Click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to your course list
- Again, select the course “Award of Accomplishment in Legal Research Skills”
- Select the “Sign-up sheets” link on the left hand column
- Choose the course you would like to attend
- Choose the time and select “Sign Up”
E-mail Sabrina Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about the Award Program, including questions about classes you have taken and points still needed to earn the Award.