From Monday, November 26 through Friday, December 14, 2012 the OCU Law Library Reserved Study Room policy is in effect.
The law library has 10 study rooms, 7 of which are available by reservation during the final exam period. These rooms are located in 1 South, LL South, and 2 West (just outside the Faculty Support Office). The remaining 3 rooms in LL North will continue to be available on a first-come, first-serve basis to individuals or groups. Throughout the year, ALL Law Library Study Rooms are for Law Student use ONLY.
Click the following link to find an available study room reservation time: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahrkk26QgqQfdElsbHlCSmMtOHVIMlNaSGxwaWw0aXc
1. Reservations and cancellations must be made at the Circulation Desk.
2. Study rooms are intended for group study. Individuals are asked to use the silent wings of the library or one of the study rooms in Lower Level North.
3. There is no requirement that reservations be made in advance; reservations can be made as long as the room is available. However, we suggest reserving rooms as early as possible since rooms are quickly booked.
4. Reservations can be made up to – but not more than – one week in advance of the time of use.
5. Reservations will be forfeited if the group who has made the reservation is more than 10 minutes late to claim the room for a reserved time and there are other students waiting to reserve and use the room.
6. The maximum reserved time allowed per group per room is 4 hours a day. Be sure to plan ahead with your group members to ensure that your group does not book a room for more than 4 consecutive hours.
7. Each group may reserve no more than 8 hours per day. These cannot be 8 consecutive hours in one room or 8 hours in one room over the course of one day.
8. A specific room may not be reserved for the same time slot by the same group for more than 2 consecutive days.
9. A reservation can only be changed by the reserving group.
10. Signs identifying our reserved study rooms may not be removed.
11. There are a limited number of study rooms. Please make use of your study room reservation, or cancel the reservation so that other students can use the room.
12. Students may eat or drink in the study rooms as long as they clean up after themselves. If you have food delivered, have one of your group members meet the delivery person outside the West entrance of the library. Further guidelines are laid out in the library’s Food and Drink Policy posted on the doors of the wings and on the library’s website.
If you need assistance canceling or altering a reservation, please come by the Circulation Desk or call us at 405-208-5271.